Yesterday began my journey back to Ethiopia to get these little boys and bring them home.
After calling the post office at 8:30 and pleading with them to let me come and pick up the FedEx package that I knew they had received the prior afternoon, Josiah and I hopped in the car and went to pick up the ABC book of pictures of our home and friends... pictures of Bereket's and Tamagn's new home and new family. I look forward to reading it to them on the plane.
We then swung by a coffee shop and grabbed 12 oz of Ethiopian brew. Appropriate coffee for today. I think I confused the girl at the window with my enthusiasm...
Saying goodbye to Casey and Josiah at the Pittsburgh airport was much harder than I'd anticipated. I think the emotions of it all came pouring on and then out in the form of tears. I love drawing attention in public.
Made it to just fine to a very busy D.C. airport as did my bags, loaded with tiny clothes and shoes, diapers, formula, bottles, all those many baby things I haven't used for a long time. Found Brandon... er, rather, he found me. Made it to our hotel and dumped our load of luggage and then a van of familiar faces pulled up to take us to dinner. As I was trying to get control of my tears at the security checkpoint in Pittsburgh, it was Brandon's face and Anna's that I kept putting before my mind.
Anna and I met back when we were 11, just starting 6th grade at Calvary Assembly School, and have kept in touch as we've both moved here and there multiple times over the past 20 years. Last night I got to meet her sweet kiddos for the first time and enjoyed some very good Mexican food with her lovely family. We even got a first-rate driving tour of the capitol compliments of her husband, Jeff, who works on capitol hill.
And we're off to the airport... Thanks for all your prayers. I am excited to see our little boys again! Here we go!!!
After calling the post office at 8:30 and pleading with them to let me come and pick up the FedEx package that I knew they had received the prior afternoon, Josiah and I hopped in the car and went to pick up the ABC book of pictures of our home and friends... pictures of Bereket's and Tamagn's new home and new family. I look forward to reading it to them on the plane.
We then swung by a coffee shop and grabbed 12 oz of Ethiopian brew. Appropriate coffee for today. I think I confused the girl at the window with my enthusiasm...
Saying goodbye to Casey and Josiah at the Pittsburgh airport was much harder than I'd anticipated. I think the emotions of it all came pouring on and then out in the form of tears. I love drawing attention in public.
Made it to just fine to a very busy D.C. airport as did my bags, loaded with tiny clothes and shoes, diapers, formula, bottles, all those many baby things I haven't used for a long time. Found Brandon... er, rather, he found me. Made it to our hotel and dumped our load of luggage and then a van of familiar faces pulled up to take us to dinner. As I was trying to get control of my tears at the security checkpoint in Pittsburgh, it was Brandon's face and Anna's that I kept putting before my mind.
Anna and I met back when we were 11, just starting 6th grade at Calvary Assembly School, and have kept in touch as we've both moved here and there multiple times over the past 20 years. Last night I got to meet her sweet kiddos for the first time and enjoyed some very good Mexican food with her lovely family. We even got a first-rate driving tour of the capitol compliments of her husband, Jeff, who works on capitol hill.
And we're off to the airport... Thanks for all your prayers. I am excited to see our little boys again! Here we go!!!
Emily!! yay! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteI hope that everything still goes smoothly from here!
I'll be praying!!
SO EXCITED TO MEET THESE GUYS!
Oh Emily! What a precious week (and month, year, decade....lifetime!) this will be! Thanks for keeping us posted. Love you and am praying for you!
ReplyDelete