This is a much lighter post than the last. We are still working through what we think God has for our family at this time regarding adoption and, perhaps, if I quit feeling lazy about thinking I might be able to string together a few coherent sentences and share what God has been teaching me through all this. He has been good. I have enjoyed the opportunity, the invitation, to know Him better.
Anyhow, I sat down to type up this recipe for a friend and thought I might as well type it up here, for ya'll. And that got me thinking, I should share more recipes here. I like cooking and I like recipe-collecting. I started my collection when I was in PA school and moving around the country, living with different families for six weeks at a time. Over the past decade I've lived in six different states and collected who knows how many recipes from the lovely ladies that welcomed me into their homes and taught me how to cook. My recipes are happy memories of those friends.
So, without further adieu, here is Rebecca Hainline's recipe for chicken enchiladas.
Chicken Enchiladas
3 chicken breasts, cooked & chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded plus extra for on top
12 tortillas
1 can green enchilada sauce or salsa verde
Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray or cover bottom of dish lightly with enchilada sauce.
Combine first seven ingredients in large bowl. Place a spoonful in each tortilla and roll up. Place in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
Anyhow, I sat down to type up this recipe for a friend and thought I might as well type it up here, for ya'll. And that got me thinking, I should share more recipes here. I like cooking and I like recipe-collecting. I started my collection when I was in PA school and moving around the country, living with different families for six weeks at a time. Over the past decade I've lived in six different states and collected who knows how many recipes from the lovely ladies that welcomed me into their homes and taught me how to cook. My recipes are happy memories of those friends.
So, without further adieu, here is Rebecca Hainline's recipe for chicken enchiladas.
Chicken Enchiladas
3 chicken breasts, cooked & chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can corn, drained
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded plus extra for on top
12 tortillas
1 can green enchilada sauce or salsa verde
Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray or cover bottom of dish lightly with enchilada sauce.
Combine first seven ingredients in large bowl. Place a spoonful in each tortilla and roll up. Place in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
No comments:
Post a Comment