Tuesday, March 27, 2012

welcome spring!

I can't think of a better way to spend the first day of spring, the season that celebrates new life, than dancing through the glittering hues of a rainbow.









I pray that I might receive what God has for me today with as much enthusiasm and pure delight as these little guys.

That I might hold out my empty cup and take whatever comes down and be glad for it.



That I wouldn't allow tiredness to dampen the beauty of the day.

That I would join in the hootin' and hollerin' rather than try to contain it.

I love the sound of my boys laughing. I love to watch them really enjoying each other. Running circles round our house, belly-bumping each other and laughing so hard they can hardly breathe. So, so good.

So thankful Josiah has brothers. So thankful Bereket gets to play in a sprinkler and has his own backyard with grass and flowers and robins.

Don't know why my heart is struck today with how much we have, how glad I am God brought these two little ones to us. But I am thankful and I want to use this little space to declare that He is good.

Really, really good.

And faithful. And though I've accused Him of being slow, He isn't. His timing is right on. And as I watched Bereket running through the bow God hung in the sky to remind us of His faithfulness, his hair looking silver in the afternoon light, my heart was moved again to worship. To declare that God is worthy of our worship. He has given us everything when we deserved nothing.
























Bask in that for awhile. 

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are--BEAUTIFUL!!
    I love your words, Emily. You encourage me:)
    You've got three precious, precious boys!
    I LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious indeed :)

    Thank you Jesus, for the work you do in our hearts in the hard times to prepare us to enjoy and drink the the good ones.

    ReplyDelete