Summer has come to Grove City this week and we are hip-hip-hooraying for it! At last it
feels like summer. We are loving the hot sun shining down from the blue sky and that glorious post-swimming chlorine-stretched-skin feeling. I am getting a bit panicky as we near the end of July and most of my summer goals are not yet accomplished. And a few, not yet begun.
Tonight I sat down to my pictures. And smiled. Pictures always make me smile. They awe me with what a blessed, full life I have. And that makes me so very grateful to the Giver of all these good things.
Right. That is why I make picture books. To remember. To stir myself to see, to give thanks, to worship.
Just reminding myself that photo documenting isn't a frivolous hobby of mine, in hopes that I will make time
to get on it before summer has gone away.
Here are a few pictures to make you smile and to recap our summer thus far.
 |
| Bereket can't wait for his teeth to fall out on their own, so he's taking things into his own hands. |
 |
| Crocs and socks. Why? |
 |
| BT and his many teddies. And his tired daddy. |
 |
| T loved swimming lessons. I loved that someone else got to tell him to stop splashing and quiet down. |
 |
| And Josiah loved archery camp. I loved that it was close enough for him to walk by himself (close enough is at the end of our block. No, I'm not one of those moms.) |
 |
| Folly Beach and a few of my favorite people. |
 |
| Weddings!! I love them and we had two this summer that members of our family participated in. |
 |
| Eliza was a beautiful bride. I could say more than a caption will hold. |
 |
| And Olivia was a beautiful maid of honor. Truly. |
 |
| My newest nephew and his big brother, who now knows my name!!! |
 |
| Got to sneak away to Florida all by myself for a weekend to meet this little guy. He's captivating. |
 |
| Camping at Clear Creek. A highlight of my boys' summer. |
No comments:
Post a Comment