Tuesday, October 28, 2014

homeschool days

These lovely fall days are zipping by at an extraordinary rate and with each passing one I find myself thankful for the opportunity to be home and exploring the wonders of this world with my children. I have been trying to pick up my camera more, even if I haven't been picking up my pen very often.

So for nanas and friends flung far and wide, here are a few snapshots of our homeschool days these past weeks, with fewer words to accompany.

B helping T match big and little letter spoons on the front porch.

We actually carried out a home school project!! Josiah has been asking to make a quill pen and I figured we might as well try for homemade ink as well. It was moderately successful, but very fun.


Here he is trying his hand at the beginning of the Declaration of Independence. He didn't get too far. But he did gain an appreciation for modern pens and pencils.

Bereket had his turn too. He is coming along very well in all his kindergarten studies, and continues to amaze me and bless me with his tender little heart and willingness. I couldn't be more pleased with where he is, with who he is.
Tintin remains his most frequently read, and best loved,  books. I think he'd be content if we started calling him Tintin.



Thanks, Auntie Ali, for the fun idea of munching graham crackers into the shapes of the states. Glad I hadn't just cleaned my floors. :)
Who knew such silliness could result from singing about the Monroe Doctrine?



Last soccer game of the season was chilly and almost dry. Gotta love the picturesque distraction that turned Bereket's head away from the game.

Team photo... with another great rural interruption in the background.

And lastly, a friend invited us out for an afternoon of go-carts and dirt bike fun. Two of my silly boys sported the mustaches they had scored from the dentist's office treasure chest. Bereket wore his all afternoon... until he realized that that ridiculous hairy thing over his lip made eating a hotdog very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment