Thursday, March 27, 2014

winter adventure no. 1

Since spring is officially here {yet not} and I am for the first time in months getting the itch to organize pictures, and because we've had such a l-o-n-g winter sprinkled with fun outdoor activities, I thought I might share a few pictures of some of our winter adventures.

February 19th was a noteworthy day for us for two reasons.

We saw the first robin of the year in our backyard. {always cause of much rejoicing!}
And we went snowshoeing. The temperatures soared to 49 degrees and we still had a heaping amount of snow on the ground--perfect conditions for the boys' introduction to snowshoeing. We packed a picnic lunch and headed out to Jennings Environmental Center, which has free snowshoe rentals, for an adventure that I didn't anticipate being quite as much work as it turned out to be.

But hey, we were outside on a gorgeous day. We did a lot more laughing than crying. The many birds sang us our own private symphony full of the promise of spring. And everyone was ready for baths and naps when we got home.


Uh, T?










No comments:

Post a Comment