Thursday, September 5, 2013

two minutes in time

Three boys create a lot of noise. Mostly, I am just fine with this. I remember the quiet of one child and am thankful for the loud, hilarious, enthusiasm of boys enjoying their brothers. But sometimes I can't do what needs to be done for the tumbling and yelling and rolling going on all over. All the time. This series of pictures came out of one of those times.

I was trying hard to pack up, clean up and move out of the second-story apartment we lived in for three days during our time in Michigan and was getting distracted by the ever-increasing noise my boys were making, and a bit embarrassed wondering what we must sound like to the people below us in the store where the owners worked. Wild monkeys that can stomp like elephants and screech like the Nazgul in Lord of the Rings?

The beautiful old church pew along the brick wall seemed like a good solution. Sit and be quiet, really quiet, for two minutes. They sat. And they were quiet. And they were really cute. And I didn't get done what needed to be done in those two minutes.

Rather, I shot about 40ish pictures of them sitting there, quiet, but still very much enjoying each other.












































And I love what came out of those two minutes. They are two minutes I won't ever have again. Time flits itself away faster and faster each day it seems and I don't want to live too much of my life regretting how I spent two minutes here and two minutes there. Just a reminder today to slow down and enjoy.

(And I still did get out the door eventually, with all our stuff, and three little boys too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment