Thursday, April 25, 2013

a wedding celebration

Last weekend found us down in NC celebrating the wedding of a long-time friend. I met the groom 28 whopping years ago, in first grade, at Calvary Assembly. I don't know his lovely bride nearly so well, but I know I like her a lot for the number of children she invited to share in her wedding day!

Do you know how special it makes someone feel to open a wedding invitation and have all the names of your family members listed, and even spelled correctly? That's no small feat, even if you don't have two children with African names and the letters u, v, and z in your last name.

All of my siblings were in attendance, with all of the cousins {to Bereket's utter joy!}, as well as three other friends and classmates from Mrs. Nelson's first grade class. It was a very fun time.

Congrats to you, Michael and Caroline! Thanks for inviting us to share in your lovely day.
Cousins are one his favorite things. And... wearing handsome clothes. I think he likes weddings. He's beaming. 


First dance. 

Nate was captivated. 


First grade class reunion! 

My not-so-little brother, soon to be a daddy. Woo hoo!!

My dancing boy-- he certainly loved his first wedding. 




1 comment:

  1. These pictures are adorable! Your boys are too handsome and cute for words!! ahhhh

    ReplyDelete