I had my back to him when at 1:40 this morning he whispered in the dark, "Are you awake?" I didn't know I was, but must have been because I answered in the affirmative.
"Do you want to go to Africa?" He was wide awake.
He's been checking his email multiple times every night--in the middle of the night-- since we were submitted to the embassy almost 3 weeks ago.
And it finally came. Our case has been completed and we've been invited back to Addis to appear before the US Embassy there with our boys and then bring them home.
It was a long gestational period. 27 months. But the birth pangs have begun. Including the insomnia that comes with them. We've been up since 1:40. My husband is buzzed. Giddy. He'd have me on a plane this afternoon, if it was possible.
Realistically, I'll fly out sometime next week, probably toward the latter part of the week, with Brandon as my traveling companion.
Here we go!!! We'll keep you posted as everything gets nailed down.
If you'd like to pray specifically, please pray I sleep between now and then. This adrenaline in the blood tends to make me feel tired, but not sleepy, and I'd love to go into this trip rested. Thanks!!

Addis, here you come!
ReplyDeleteI am sooo happy for you guys! How crazy to find out in the middle of the night!!
So excited to meet the little guys!
Hooray, and hallelujah!
ReplyDeleteThis is WONDERFUL news...I will lift up special prayers for the sleep as I know how crucial this is...
ReplyDeleteGod grants sleep to those He loves, Psalm 127:2
And you are loved by me and HIM!
Ruth
WOOOOoooooo!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSO excited and happy for you guys!! Hoping you can get some rest and get on that plane sooner than seems possible. Prasie God for bringing all our boys home. Love, Leah
ReplyDelete